Clermont Pets Alive! Veterinary Assistance Program is supported by charitable trusts and contributions from individual donors. The program has limited monthly grant capacity and is subject to availability of funds. Due to the high demand for support, Clermont Pets Alive! cannot cover the entire cost of your pet’s treatment and is limited to a maximum award of $500 per family.
To be considered for this program you MUST be a resident of Clermont County, Ohio and satisfy one of the following criteria:
- You or your family qualify as low income (see chart below).
- You are unemployed and/or receiving government assistance.
- You are residing at a homeless shelter or referred to Clermont Pets Alive! by a homeless shelter.
The residence and financial requirements set forth above may be satisfied by providing a copy of any of the following information to Clermont Pets Alive!, provided they display a Clermont County address:
- A copy of your latest check stub.
- A copy of your current unemployment benefits.
- A copy of your latest tax return.
- A copy of your latest bank statement.
- A copy of any SSI benefits.
- A copy of an unemployment benefit letter.
- A copy of your latest W-2 or 1099 from a current employer.
- Any other reasonable supporting evidence of financial inability on a case by case basis.
For families with more than 8 persons, add $144 for each additional person.
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for Veterinary Assistance from Clermont Pets Alive! if any of the following apply:
- Your pet has already been treated and you have an outstanding bill you’d like help paying.
- You are seeking reimbursement for amounts that you have already incurred or paid for veterinary care.
- Your Veterinarian has agreed to a payment plan that you can afford to pay.
- Your pet does not have a reasonable chance for survival with a good quality of life for at least one year following treatment as determined by the diagnosing Vet.
- You have not applied for Care Credit (or, if you have applied, you have not received a rejection from Care Credit).
- You have applied for Care Credit and been approved for the entire amount needed.
- You could have your pet treated and pay the bill but it would place a financial burden on you.
- You have received financial aid from Clermont Pets Alive! in the past.
- You are requesting financial aid for elective surgery. Elective surgery is defined as: surgery that is not essential, especially surgery that is not required for survival. An example would be age related cataracts.
To be considered to receive Veterinary assistance from Clermont Pets Alive!, please review and follow the guidelines:
- Applicant must be seen by a Veterinarian before application can be submitted.
- Applicant must apply for Care Credit before application can be submitted. Choose the VETERINARY option under “I’m not ready to choose a doctor yet” and then NEXT.
- Itemized cost and type of procedure will be required to complete application process. Clermont Pets Alive! will only considering subsidizing 80% of the amount stated on the itemized list of procedures.
- Clermont Pets Alive! will not provide funding for long term care. Most instances will be for no more than 30 days and will not provide for multiple instances of treatment or elective procedures.
- Clermont Pets Alive! requires arrangements be made to have dog/cat spayed or neutered, or animal must already be altered. Grant funds cannot be used to alter the animal. If health reasons do not permit animal to be altered, special consideration may be granted.
- Clermont Pets Alive! requires adequate living conditions for animal after procedure is performed.
- Owner agrees to provide a photo/video of their pet.
- Owner agrees to provide proof of veterinary expenses for the animal within the previous 24 months.
- Clermont Pets Alive! is not responsible for loss of pet due to any procedure performed. If you feel you meet these guidelines and have completed all steps please click the link below to submit and online application.
- Recipients of funding are not eligible to adopt a pet from Clermont Pets Alive!