Thank you for considering adopting a rescue cat! Here are the steps you’ll need to take to adopt a cat from CPA!
Step One: Find the Right Cat
Step Two: Adopt a Cat
Once you’ve found the right cat for you, you’re ready to adopt.
- You must fill out an application and meet with an adoption counselor.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must show a picture ID with your current address. If this isn’t available, we will accept a picture ID with a current utility bill.
Our cat adoption fee varies by cat, but the general breakdown is:
- Cats under 1 year old: $80
- Cats over 1 year old: $50
Double your pleasure, Double your fun: Discount applies if adopting 2 felines!
This fee includes:
- spay or neuter surgery
- feline leukemia testing
- first or more vaccinations
- first or more deworming treatment
- flea treatment
- personality evaluation
- one month of pet insurance.
Accepted forms of payment include cash, check or money order payable to Clermont Pets Alive!
Step Three: Follow the Post-Adoption Instructions
Congratulations on finding your new family member! Don’t forget to complete the post-adoption instructions:
- You will receive with the adoption paperwork from us, your new cat’s medical records and microchip information.
- Your 24 PetWatch insurance information will be emailed to you within a couple of days after the adoption. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at Records@ClermontPetsAlive.org.
- Activate your free 30 day pet insurance by calling 1-877-291-1524 or visiting www.24PetWatch.com with the confirmation code emailed to you. Note the insurance must be confirmed within 7 days of adoption and does not cover pre-existing conditions. Once you have confirmed the insurance, coverage will begin on the second midnight following activation.
- If you need some help before then, call us at 513-279-2276 or send an email to Adoptions@ClermontPetsAlive.org.
- If you need behavior help with your new cat, please email us at Cat-Behavior@ClermontPetsAlive.org.